Gull watching in San Diego
Last week I was on a two-day business trip in San Diego and I decided to extend my stay by a few days in order to check out the local gull species.
It turned out to be a great trip during which I was able to see the following types of gulls:
- Glaucous-winged Gull (Larus glaucescens) – see blog post
- Western Gull (Larus occidentalis) – see blog post
- Heermann’s Gull (Larus Heermanni) – see blog post
- California Gull (Larus californicus) – see blog post
- Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)
Instead of writing one long blog post, I think it is best to cover each species in its own post. Expect to see these blog posts appear over the coming days (once I’ve gone through all my photos and have properly ID-ed and aged all individuals ;-))
In the mean time, I’ve uploaded some photos of other wildlife that I encountered (birds and mammals) to my Facebook page. Feel free to check them out!