Second-calendar year European Herring Gull Larus argentatus argenteus, Leiden, The Netherlands. Seen at the same location where I saw it on 4 occasions between December 2012 and March 2013. Last observation was on March 31.
Ringed as pullus in July 2012 in the port of Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Primary moult pattern: P1 to P5 fully grown, P6 almost half-grown (in right wing not visible), P7 missing or growing, P8 to P10 old.
- Primary moult score: 29 (5555531000).
- All secondaries first generation, S1 in the left wing dropped.
- Moult in the left wing seems to be a little more advanced than in the right wing.
- Tail feathers all first generation (or possibly one feather missing).
- Median coverts and lesser coverts all second generation.
- The outer greater coverts have been replaced, the inner greater coverts have been dropped.