It has been a while since I last reported on the database that I am creating for keeping track of my observations of ringed gulls
The project is very much alive though and I have spent the last months using and testing the database.
Doing this during the breeding season actually turned out to be beneficial because I had to add many new observations and even more newly ringed individuals that I have not observed yet.
As a result, I found many small errors that I had to fix and I had to make various changes to improve the workflow. I have also added some new features, all of which I will report on after the breeding season when I have more time.
This week though I have spent an evening putting together a layout to view the database on my iPhone, using the mobile version of FileMaker, FileMaker Go.
This way, I can take the database with me while I’m observing gulls and reading rings out in the field. Very helpful.
Below are some screenshots of the layout (taken on a Dutch iPhone some of the text is in Dutch):