I’m happy to announce the release of the Marked Birds Database version 1.15.0. It contains a small new feature, a small but important change and some fixed issues.
I encourage all of you to upgrade to this version, you will need the improved option for updating the current bird age when 2018 arrives…
For a full list, see the bottom of this article.
A link to the download file as well as instructions about installing, setting up and using the database can be found on the Marked Birds Database page.
Users who are using a previous version can import their data into the new version.
Current bird age
- Updating the current age for multiple birds in one action is now only possible for all birds instead of first selecting a group of birds. The action can now be found in Manage MBDB > Actions > ‘Update Current Age for All Birds’; the Batch update button on the Bird Overview layout that used to be situated next to the Search Extra button has been removed.
- When a bird is marked as deceased (by setting its status to ‘Mortis’), the following happens:
- The label ‘Current Age’ now changes to ‘Age Mortis’ to indicate that it is the age of the bird at the time it passed away.
- When the option to update the current age of all birds is used (see above), birds that are marked as ‘Mortis’ are ignored. This makes sure that the age always indicates the age that the bird passed away and is not increased further.
- The blue icon for manually updating the current age of the bird will be hidden. It can still be manually changed if needed.
It turned out that importing birds that were fitted with only a metal ring did not work correctly in version 1.14.0. A message incorrectly appeared stating that the position was not set and the birds were either not imported at all or imported as colour rings. This has been fixed.
Release Notes – Marked Birds Database – Version 1.15.0
- MBDB-104 Change ‘Current Age’ to ‘Age Mortis’ for deceased birds.
- MBDB-137 Prevent Current Age from auto-updating for deceased birds.
- MBDB-935 BirdRing import: extra label shown on top of Ringing Station label for birds fitted with metal ring only.
- MBDB-936 BirdRing import: birds fitted only with a metal ring are imported as color rings.
- MBDB-937 BirdRing import: message ‘Position for the metal ring is not set’ incorrectly shown.
- MBDB-938 Change batch action ‘update Current Age’ into action for all birds only.