I’m happy to announce the release of the Marked Birds Database version 1.16.1. It contains a few small changes and some fixed issues.
For a full list, see the bottom of this article.
A link to the download file as well as instructions about installing, setting up and using the database can be found on the Marked Birds Database page.
Users who are using a previous version can import their data into the new version.
The following small changes have been made:
- Setting the sex for a bird could only be done on the Bird Overview layout since version 1.16.0. In version 1.16.1 it is now also possible to do this again on the Marker Events layout.
- BirdRing import: for birds that are fitted with medium Markers, the fields for changing the ringing station, code and colors of the ring could be made visible by clicking an ‘i’-icon. To make it more clearer where these fields are found, this icon has been changed to a button labeled ‘Edit Code and Colors’ and a button labeled ‘Edit Ringing Station and Code’.
- BirdRing import: The option ‘Position unknown’ has been changed to a check box and it will now not be used as an actual position for the ring.
- BirdRing import: When a matching bird is found, opening that bird in the Bird Overview layout will now be done in a new window.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Bird Overview: The icon for a single co-observer was not shown.
- Bird Overview: The icon for a co-observer was shown when accessing Search mode.
- BirdRing import: When multiple new birds were added that were fitted with rings of a different color, the color code was not correctly set in the Current Marker Code.
- BirdRing import: The tab order was not correctly set.
Release Notes – Marked Birds Database – Version 1.16.1
- MBDB-940 References: Include ‘Reference’ table in upgrade process.
- MBDB-960 Upgrading: Add steps for updating total number of References to process.
- MBDB-963 Make options for setting gender, current age and status non-editable on layouts other than Bird Overview and Marker Events.
- MBDB-974 BirdRing import: incorrect tab order.
- MBDB-975 BirdRing import: incorrect Current Marker Code set.
- MBDB-977 BirdRing import: opening a bird in Bird Overview should be done in separate window.
- MBDB-978 Searching: icon for co-observer is shown when accessing search mode in Bird Overview.
- MBDB-979 Bird Overview: icon for single co-observer is not shown.
- MBDB-980 BirdRing import: ‘Unknown’ should not exist as a ring position.
- MBDB-982 BirdRing import: change Info icon for editing code, color and ringing station into button.