Our report of the 2019 season describing the results of our research into Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, and Oystercatchers at IJmuiden Forteiland in the Netherlands is now available.
- The total numbers of nests and their content found, total breeding pairs, number of colour rings fitted.
- An overview of our hybrid gulls (presumed Lesser Black-backed x Yellow-legged) and the presence of a mixed pair consisting of a male Herring Gull and a female Lesser Black-backed Gull.
- The first results of a new project that was started in which adult and juvenile Lesser Black-backed Gulls are fitted with a GPS-logger. This project is led by the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ).
- Updates on various ongoing smaller research projects.
- Results of the Oystercatchers that are breeding on the island.
The report is available as a PDF and can be downloaded via the following links:
The IJmuiden Gull Research Team,
Fred, José, Maarten