I’m happy to announce the release of the Marked Birds Database version 2.9.0. It contains some new features, improvements, and some fixes.
For a full list, see the bottom of this article.
A link to the download file as well as instructions about installing, setting up and using the database can be found on the Marked Birds Database page.
Users who are using a previous version can import their data into the new version.
- New: Keeping track of the number of eggs or young for a bird.
- Improved: The process of importing observations from the BirdRing app has been made quicker and more user friendly.
- Fixed: Various issues that were not working properly.
(Click images for a larger view.)
The process of importing observations that were logged in the BirdRing app has been improved in the following ways:
- The steps for browsing for a file and choosing which date(s) to process are now combined in a single layout and can therefore be performed as one step.
- The process of importing the CSV file is now much quicker.
- A bug with importing observations from the BirdRing RUG version has been fixed.
- When always importing observations from the BirdRing RUG version, selecting the ‘Use RUG version’ check box for the import can now be done automatically by setting Manage MBDB > Preferences > BirdRing > Import Files > Use the BirdRing RUG version.
When manually adding a new bird, it is now possible to automatically create an observation of type ‘Capture – ringing’ or ‘Capture – control’ based on the Marker Event.
This can be handy when you’ve attended a ringing session and want to create an observation for storing additional data and images.
It is now possible to keep track of the number of eggs or young that were observed for a bird. This is done in the ‘Breeding’ tab of the Observation Details screen. The numbers are also shown in the observation on the Bird Overview screen.
- MBDB-1246 Adding birds manually: navigating to next field in pop-overs does not work.
- MBDB-1247 Search Extra Observations: Add observation ID to Excel export.
- MBDB-1248 When deleting an observation from Bird Overview, last observation in the list is selected.
- MBDB-1249 Bird overview observation filter: total observations not updated when adding/removing observation.
- MBDB-1250 BirdRing RUG version is not importing observations correctly.
- MBDB-1251 Make it possible to track number of eggs or young for an observation.
- MBDB-1252 Reporting totals in Bird Overview not updated correctly.
- MBDB-1253 Adding a bird: option to add ringing details as an observation of type ‘ringing’ or ‘control’.
- MBDB-1254 BirdRing import: combine browsing for the file and choosing the date on the same screen.
- MBDB-1255 Marker Events: ‘Store location for future use’ stores location of observation.
- MBDB-1256 BirdRing: Add using RUG version as a preference.
- MBDB-1257 BirdRing: improve import process by automating the date reversal.
- MBDB-1258 BirdRing: opening Bird Overview not working for a bird with multiple matches.