I’m happy to announce the release of the Marked Birds Database version 2.10.0. It contains improvements and some fixes.
For a full list, see the bottom of this article.
A link to the download file as well as instructions about installing, setting up and using the database can be found on the Marked Birds Database page.
Users who are using a previous version can import their data into the new version.
- Improved: Clicking “Add a Bird with Markers’ now gives direct access to the mostly used forms.
- Improved: Exporting to Excel now generates user-friendly column names.
- Improved: The fields for keeping track of the number of eggs and young have been added to more locations.
- Fixed: Various issues that were not working properly.
Adding a bird is done by clicking the ‘Add a Bird with Markers’ button on the Bird Overview screen. This opened a new screen from which various forms can be chosen.
To speed up this process, the ‘Add a Bird with Markers’ button has been turned into a pop-over from which the mainly used forms can now be directly chosen.
Accessing the other forms is done by clicking the ‘More…’ button which takes you to the main screen.
When exporting birds, observations, Marker Events, or bird relations to Excel, user-friendly column names are now used instead of the more technical names used in the database. This way, the names don’t have to be changed manually after the export.
This is done by first exporting the records to a different table which makes use of the new names. Note that the process of generating the Excel file therefore takes a bit longer than before.
Number of eggs and young
Version 2.9 introduced fields for keeping track of the number of eggs and young for an observation.
These fields have now also been added to:
- The pop-over for an observation on the Bird Overview screen.
- The Search Extra Observations form.
- The Excel export of the Search Extra Observations form.
- MBDB-1263 Excel export: use user-friendly column names.
- MBDB-1266 Observations: add number of eggs and young to Bird Overview popover, Search forms, and Excel export.
- MBDB-1269 BirdRing import: reporting counts not updated for submitted birds.
- MBDB-1271 Add new bird manually: validation results are shown in full screen instead of current screen size.
- MBDB-1273 Visual Display ELSA rings: ringing station not displayed correctly.
- MBDB-1274 BirdRing import: When copying an observation and pasting it, the date appears as a question mark.
- MBDB-1275 Filter totals not updated on Bird Overview when adding bird with observation of type ‘Capture’.
- MBDB-1276 BirdRing import: ‘Edit or add markers’ layout: not all Marker 2 fields are visible when they should.
- MBDB-1277 BirdRing import: body color shown white instead of assigned color for birds with flags and uncoded rings.
- MBDB-1278 Adding birds: change ‘Add a Bird with Markers’ button to a pop-over with mostly used forms.