Our review of the 2021 season describing the results of our research into Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, Common Gulls, and Oystercatchers at IJmuiden Forteiland in the Netherlands is now available.
- The total number of nests and their content found, total breeding pairs, number of colour rings fitted.
- An overview of our hybrid gulls (presumed Lesser Black-backed x Yellow-legged).
- An update on the project by NIOZ and the University of Amsterdam who have fitted our juvenile and adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls with a GPS-logger.
- A comparison using stable isotopes between the diet of our gulls at Forteiland and those at a similar colony at Texel.
- Various other projects including research into bird flu.
- Results of the Oystercatchers and Common Gulls that are breeding on the island.
- Observations of other bird species and mammals.
- An interesting insight into the beetles that are present on the island.
- News about our presence on Dutch TV.
The report is available as a PDF and can be downloaded via the following links:
The IJmuiden Gull Research Team,
Fred, José, Maarten